Whiteville, NC. This past week local real estate agents attended a 4 hour continuing education class to help bring awareness of the NC Housing Finance Agency’s mortgage products which help homebuyers purchase with low to no out of pocket and an income tax credit up to $2000 per year.
Team Move invited Jane Buchholz with NC Housing Finance Agency to present the class to Columbus and Brunswick County’s Realtors in order to provide useful education that will help the Realtors spread the word to their buyers. The Whiteville Chamber of Commerce & Tourism also provided their conference room & facilities as the location for the class in downtown Whiteville. Several comments after the class included “This is going to help my buyers save money every year!”, “I didn’t realize that there are still federal tax credits available for first time buyers!”, and “I’m going to make sure my buyers and sellers are aware of these products through Team Move from now on!”.
Valuable NC Housing Topics discussed during the class included:
- Mortgage Credit Certificate which is a true dollar for dollar federal income tax credit available for first time buyers (which means have not owned a principal residence), Veterans (one time exception), buyers purchasing in a targeted area, and several other exceptions. The tax credit is up to $2000 pear year. Learn more about the MCC Tax Credit such as how it is calculated here. Click here to see the Household Income Limits for the MCC Tax Credit
- NC Home Advantage Product with Down Payment Assistance which combines a USDA, VA, FHA, or conventional loan with a 3 – 5% of the first mortgage loan interest free down payment assistance product. The down payment assistance can be used towards down payment, closing costs, or PMI and is even fully forgiven after 15 years. Learn more details about Down Payment Assistance here
- NC Foreclosure Prevention Fund helps NC homeowners who are struggling to pay their mortgage due to job loss or other temporary financial hardship that occurred on or after January 1, 2008. The fund offers a zero interest, deferred loan up to $36,000 to cover mortgage and related expenses for up to 36 months. The loan can also be used to bring the first mortgage up to date.
Local Realtors that attended the Financing Dreams class included:
- David Carter, Century 21 Pro Realty – Whiteville
- Amy Bailey, Century 21 Pro Realty – Whiteville
- Trina Strickland, Only Way Realty & Modular Home Solutions – Whiteville
- Jennifer Floyd, Burroughs & Company – Tabor City
- William Langley, Langley Real Estate – Shallotte
- Mary Ann Allgood, Century 21 Pro Realty – Whiteville
- Cheryl Jefferson-George, Century 21 Pro Realty – Whiteville
- Franklin George, Century 21 Pro Realty – Whiteville
Each real estate agent received 4 hours of continuing education towards their requirements with their Real Estate Commission plus they will be listed as a Preferred Real Estate Professional in Columbus or Brunswick counties on the NC Housing Finance Agency website www.NCHFA.com.