It is closing day and you are trying to remember everything to do. When to pick up the moving truck, are there enough friends to help you move, are you ready to put the utilities in your name, and ARE YOU PREPARED FOR CLOSING? Following the real estate closing checklist is important. Plus it is best to realize preparation for closing starts days or weeks ahead of closing.
We pride ourselves on being in constant communication with our buyers. Communication is a basic requirement for a smooth real estate closing. But an educated buyer early in the real estate closing process is also a key element. Thus the purpose of this article is to provide knowledge to buyers and real estate agents.
Real Estate Closing Checklist:
- Constant communication with your loan officer & Realtor. This includes responding to electronic disclosures quickly. Provide all documentation requested early and quickly for final approval & closing.
- Finalize your insurance policies – So do this EARLY. Insurance agents will need for you to complete and sign an application as well as choose a policy and limits. Sometimes the insurance must be paid up-front to have the policy effective as of closing.
- Know your numbers prior to closing. Your loan officer will explain your final numbers in detail including total payment, cost breakdown, and funds needed for closing at least 3 days prior to closing.
- Funds for closing in the appropriate form – See how to bring funds here (very important)
- Buyers, borrowers, spouses, and POA (if applicable) must attend closing. If using a Power of Attorney, make sure that you have it approved with your lender & settlement company very early! Plus bring the ORIGINAL to closing!
- Bring Identification. Make sure that all parties bring a state issued & current photo ID (driver’s license) and bring a secondary form of ID just in case such as credit card, SSN card, employee ID, etc
- Complete final walk through of your home. This is typically done the morning of the closing to ensure the property is still in good condition.
- Request utility company contact information. Your Realtor will help share this information and the steps.
- Show up to closing a few minutes early. This includes all parties signing the deed or mortgage.
- Warm up your arm. There is a decent amount of paperwork to sign at closing.
Now you have the real estate closing checklist up-front. So give us a call to start the real estate closing process with an application and discussion.
[av_button_big label=’Start the Closing Process by Applying Now’ description_pos=’below’ link=’manually,http://teammovemortgage.com/apply-online/’ link_target=’_blank’ icon_select=’no’ icon=’ue800′ font=’entypo-fontello’ custom_font=’#ffffff’ color=’theme-color’ custom_bg=’#444444′ color_hover=’theme-color-subtle’ custom_bg_hover=’#444444′]
We offer a wonderful closing process for buyers
Team Move lends in areas such as Wilmington, Leland, Hampstead, Jacksonville, Camp Lejeune, Whiteville, Shallotte, Southport, Elizabethtown, Lumberton, Fort Bragg, Pope Air Force Base, Sanford, Fayetteville, Southern Pines, Pinehurst, Rockingham, Raleigh, Cary, High Point, Garner, Smithfield, Clayton, Asheville, Asheboro, Rocky Mount, Wilson, Burlington, Kannapolis, Goldsboro, Hickory, Wake Forest, Salisbury, Matthews, Charlotte, Monroe, Statesville, Shelby, Lexington, Boone, Morganton, Cornelius, Holly Springs, Fuquay Varina, Kernersville, Kinston, Greenville, Outer Banks, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, Durham, Chapel Hill, Burgaw, Castle Hayne, Holden Beach, Supply, Ocean Isle Beach, Sunset Beach, Hubert, Tabor City, Carolina Beach, Kure Beach, Laurinburg, Topsail Beach, North Topsail Beach, Surf City, Sneads Ferry, Richlands, Lake Waccamaw, Wrightsville Beach, New Bern, Oak Island, Saint James, Wallace, as well as the rest of NC. North Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach, Conway, Loris, Little River, Longs, Spartanburg, Greenville, as well as the rest of South Carolina, Virginia, and Georgia