North Carolina ranked as the 2015 #1 top growth state by U-Haul.
Each year U-Haul compiles a list of the U.S. states which have the highest to lowest growth rates. The growth rates mean the states with the best net gain of one-way truck rentals compared to number of people moving out of the state.
In a related recent article in the Charlotte Business Journal, U-Haul Company of Raleigh’s president Paul Smedberg said “The temperate climate and overall quality of life that North Carolina offers is contagious. All the metro areas including Raleigh, Durham, Charlotte, Greensboro, and Winston-Salem have experienced steady growth. It doesn’t appear to be slowing down any time soon.” But this doesn’t even count other very popular NC cities such as Wilmington, Pinehurst, Asheville, Southport, Jacksonville, Chapel Hill, and many more!
In a previous article we shared how United Van Lines ranked North Carolina (#5) and South Carolina (#2) as the “Top Moving Destinations for 2015” in the U.S. Additionally, NC and its southern neighbor have some of the lowest property taxes in the country as we stated in a recent article.
2015 Top 5 states in order for biggest net gain of movers according to U-Haul:
- North Carolina
So How Does U-Haul Know More People are Moving to NC?
Since 1945 U-Haul has been a huge part in moving families around the U.S. Per the U-Haul website, “the annual mileage of North American U-Haul trucks, trailers, and tow dollies would move a family to the moon and back more than 9.9 times per day, every day of the year”! So U-Haul can certainly be a trusted source to know where most people are moving.
There are so many ways to buy a home in North Carolina
With our state’s terrain being so diverse from the ocean to the mountains, it attracts a wide range of population size, age, and demographics moving in. You see some of the reasons why families move here and now let us tell you how you can finance your NC dream home.
- Seniors can use a Reverse Mortgage to live comfortably into their retirement years
- Down payment assistance available for first time and move-up buyers
- Up to a $2000 per year tax credit
- Most of NC is available for USDA loans – NC ranked highest in 2015 for USDA obligations
- VA and VA Jumbo loans are very popular because of the major military bases located throughout
- Vacation / second home purchase loans for people looking to spend their free time away from the grind
- FHA 203k purchase rehab loans to help buyers transform their fixer upper to their dream home
Related North Carolina Resources: