UNCW continues to rack up the awards lately and is growing in popularity.
The University of North Carolina at Wilmington was once again named one of the best Southeastern schools. The award was given by the Princeton Review. Other recent awards include:
- 2015-2016 College of Distinction by Colleges of Distinction
- 30 Most Beautiful Coastal College Campuses by Best Value Schools
- Top 50 Values for Public Colleges and Universities
One of the Best Southeastern Schools by Princeton Review. UNCW was once again named a regional best in the Southeast US. This is determined by surveying 130,000 students about the school’s academics, administration, student body, and themselves. Other NC universities on the list include North Carolina State, UNC Asheville, UNC Chapel Hill, UNC Greensboro, and UNC Pembroke.
- 10th on the Top 50 Values for Public Colleges and Universities by Consumer’s Digest. The formula for these Top Values in Colleges included areas such as academic excellence, student-faculty ratio, 4 year graduation rate, 6 year graduation rate, student retention rate, percentage of staff holding a doctorate or terminal degree, and of course the cost including tuition, fees, room and board). Other NC & SC schools include NC State University #11, Appalachian State # 12, UNC Chapel Hill # 25, UNC Charlotte # 32, Clemson # 33,
- 15th of the 30 Most Beautiful Coastal College Campuses by Best Value Schools.com. A lot of students are not only looking for a great education but are also looking for a great experience such as having access to the sunny beaches. These top beach colleges were chosen and ranked based on the location (easy access to beaches), awards and recognition, student enjoyment, number of notable features such as historical significance or environmental friendliness.
- In July, was named a College of Distinction. College of Distinction states “UNCW is unique among public comprehensive universities because it offers effective learning environments for undergraduates that integrate teaching and mentoring with research and service.”
- Top 2015 Online Degrees List by SR Education. UNCW’s nursing and education online degree programs made this top 10 list. For many today, an online degree works better for their schedule and UNCW is a great one.
UNCW is located in beautiful Wilmington, NC and it has consistently been a top value and experience for college students. Learn more about UNCW at www.uncw.edu/aboutuncw/. Degrees offered include 55 bachelor’s degrees in 49 majors and 42 master degree programs. Also UNCW offers a PhD in Marine Biology and EdD in educational leadership/administration.
Two of our mortgage team, Russell Smith and Amy Kurtyka actually graduated from UNCW. Amy has a B.S. in Accounting. Plus, Russell has a B.S. in Business Systems with a concentration in Management Information Systems. We benefitted from the small class sizes and ability to learn direct from top level professors. At the same time we were able to get a top level education close to home.
What do Mortgage Loans and UNCW Have To Do With Each Other?
Purchase a rental property near UNCW: UNCW is one of the biggest reasons that Wilmington has a thriving rental market. So the occupancy rate is usually very high for Wilmington rentals.
Purchase a home while in college with a Non-occupying Co-borrower: A student with zero income & good and even limited credit can purchase a home as a primary residence with a family member as a co-signor. Both FHA and Freddie Mac loans allow for a Non-occupying co-borrowers. Therefore, this works in the Wilmington and surrounding areas.
Purchase a second home near UNCW in Wilmington, Wrightsville Beach, Carolina Beach, or Kure Beach. Second home mortgage features as little as 10% down. Additionally, fixed and adjustable rate mortgages are available.
Graduating from UNCW, have a new job, and want to purchase a home? A two year work history is not required after graduation. VA, FHA, USDA, and conventional loans will count new hourly or salary income after graduating from college.
To learn more about purchasing a home in the Wilmington, NC area, contact our team.
[av_button_big label=’Contact Our Team Today’ description_pos=’below’ link=’manually,http://teammovemortgage.com/our-team/’ link_target=’_blank’ icon_select=’no’ icon=’ue800′ font=’entypo-fontello’ custom_font=’#ffffff’ color=’theme-color’ custom_bg=’#444444′ color_hover=’theme-color-subtle’ custom_bg_hover=’#444444′][/av_button_big]
Team Move lends in areas such as Wilmington, Leland, Hampstead, Jacksonville, Camp Lejeune, Whiteville, Shallotte, Southport, Elizabethtown, Lumberton, Fort Bragg, Pope Air Force Base, Fayetteville, Rockingham, Raleigh, Garner, Smithfield, Clayton, Goldsboro, Charlotte, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, Durham, Chapel Hill, Burgaw, Castle Hayne, Holden Beach, Supply, Ocean Isle Beach, Sunset Beach, Hubert, Tabor City, Carolina Beach, Kure Beach, Laurinburg, Topsail Beach, North Topsail Beach, Surf City, Sneads Ferry, Richlands, Wrightsville Beach, New Bern, Oak Island, Saint James, Wallace, Sanford, Pittsboro, Apex, Cary, Raleigh, Holly Springs, Fuquay Varina, Siler City, Southern Pines, Aberdeen, Pinehurst, Whispering Pines, Vass, Spring Lake, Fayetteville, Lillington, Hope Mills, Dunn, Angier, Smithfield, as well as the rest of NC. North Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach, Conway, Loris, Little River, Longs, as well as the rest of South Carolina and Virginia.