FHA Loans Wilmington NC
You may have heard in the news that many larger lenders and banks have withdrawn from FHA loans . OVM Financial is still very active in helping buyers looking for the features offered by FHA. We love helping our local buyers get FHA Loans in Wilmington NC and New Hanover County! FHA Loans Wilmington NC offers more options that you probably realize. So check this out.
Wilmington has long been a desirable location to live because of historic downtown, proximity to beaches, UNCW, and retirement living. Also, Wilmington has unbelievable outdoor activities, weather, and dining experiences. Additionally, we have been lending to buyers in Wilmington and New Hanover County for over 20 years. So our team has the experience to know when FHA is the right option for area buyers.
FHA has the reputation as only being for borrowers with bad credit, but this couldn’t be further from the truth. There are so many reasons for Wilmington buyers to use FHA as a key part of the home buying strategy.
Reasons for FHA loans Wilmington NC:
- Flexible credit score guidelines – down to 600 & sometimes less
- Lenient on prior foreclosures, short sales, and bankruptcies
- Allows for higher debt to income ratios
- Allows for non-occupying co-borrowers
- Student loan payment options that may work better than other loan types
- Will allow commission income to be less than 2 years
- Manufactured homes ok
- Gift funds or gift of equity allowed for down payment and closing costs
- Down Payment Assistance to help cover the down payment
- Limited and Alternative credit can be ok
- Existing charge-off balances with good explanation
- Can have 2 FHA loans – see how
FHA Loan Size Limits for Wilmington and New Hanover County for 2016
Realtor review: “This is the most awesome team that anyone could work with to buy a home for the buyer, seller, or real estate agent. With recent changes in the closing guidelines in October of last year nearly every lender that our buyers have used have told us upfront that the closing could take up to 90 days. This team, today, has just closed a VA loan with us in 21 days…all along everyone received constant up to date communication, the attorney received the closing request early so early the paralegal stated they could not get it done that quick, however this team kept pushing and indeed we closed on the date they requested at the first and that was nearly one month early. I strongly recommend their services to you. You will be glad you made the call!” Kip Nance, Only Way Realty
Author: Russell Smith
Team Move OVM Financial loan officer success is Russell’s primary focus. He provides the tools and techniques he used as a top producing loan officer. Additionally he offers the Team Move OVM Financial Agent Training Program. Sharing is so important to Russell so he works diligently to be a resource to loan originators and Realtors.